The Woodridge Neighborhood Library is being rebuilt. This project is fully funded at $16.5 million. The DC Public Library worked with the award-winning team ofWiencek + Associates andBing Thom Architects to design the new Library.
The building design is complete and the construction process has begun. The new Woodridge Library will open in summer 2016.
The 20,000 square foot library will feature separate spaces for adults, teens and children. The library will feature:
- comfortable seating for 200 customers
- 40 computers and free high-speed WiFi
- a large meeting room to accommodate up to 100 people
- two conference rooms for up to 14 people
- quiet study rooms
- a roof terrace with outdoor seating and programming space